- Uncluttered space
- Room to unpack and store your clothes
- All the comforts of home
The perfect home office by dayWork is messy, there’s no doubt about it. Custom home office design will allow you to work efficiently and then clear the clutter when the workday is done, making the transformation into a guest room effortless. Day-to-day availability of equipment, manuals, papers, and files will all be accounted for.
- Cabinets, drawers and shelves can accommodate your personal work style, with drawers for filing or open bins to organize stacks.
- Keep computers, printers, copiers, scanners, shredders, headphones, office supplies, etc., close at hand so you don’t have to interrupt your workflow to print a document or hunt down a stapler.
- Your workspace stays free of clutter by using drawers or cabinets for things you continually use like paper, pens, and files, while equipment like printers and scanners can store behind closed doors so work surfaces stay clear.
- Locking cabinets and drawers securely protect proprietary documents or keep potentially dangerous equipment away from the curious.
- Our wide range of colors and finishes lets you match your home’s décor with cabinetry, crown molding, and decorative hardware.
The space-enhancing Murphy BedIncorporating a Murphy Bed into your custom home office design makes this the ideal dual-purpose room. The bed stays out of sight until needed, so your home office is fully functional for work the rest of the time. When the guest room is required, the ease of operation of the Murphy Bed means you can close it up daily, if need be, to return the room to office space. Or, the bed is beautiful enough to leave open if the room is a dedicated guest room while company is visiting, no making and unmaking the bed every morning and evening.
- Incorporate either a twin/single, full/double, queen, or king size to accommodate your space.
- No need for skimpy, under-sized mattresses; a Murphy Bed can take any coil spring mattress up to 12” thick.
- Fold up the bed with sheets, blankets, and pillows inside so the room is ready for its regular daytime office activities.
The sanctuary guest roomWhen considering the guest room needs, put yourself in their place and create an atmosphere you would enjoy. Anticipate needs and strive to make them as comfortable as possible. They will certainly appreciate it and you will have less to stress and more time to enjoy the visit.
- Uncluttered calm. Clear away the remnants of work in drawers and cabinets so the room is not cluttered. Free up usable space for your guests, including desktop space for a laptop, hanging space in the closet or a standing rack (with empty hangers), and a drawer or two so they can unpack and not live out of a suitcase.
- Light up the space. Be sure there’s sufficient light for reading, computer use, and maneuvering around in the room. A bedside table lamp and a nightlight are helpful in unfamiliar surroundings, especially if the bathroom is down the hall.
- Nighttime reading material. Interesting magazines or books in the room can be welcome for quiet time. A comfortable chair and a soft afghan are great for curling up with a good book.
- Freshly laundered linens.Fresh bed linens are essential. Make the bed just before the visit and have extra blankets and both soft and firm pillows to allow for individual preference.
- Provide extra toiletries. No one wants to snoop around for supplies, so be sure the bathroom is stocked with extra toilet paper and tissues. Assemble a welcome basket with travel-size shampoo, conditioner, soap, shower cap, new toothbrush, toothpaste, feminine products, shaving cream, disposable razor—things they might have forgotten.
- Personal towels. If sharing a bathroom, put the welcome basket in the guest room along with their towels and washcloths so there’s no question that these items are for their use.
- Be a good tech host. Sharing a home office probably means chargers and internet access are available, just make sure your guests know where outlets are to charge phones and access the internet, including any password they may need. A universal charger is handy to have around in case they forgot to pack theirs. (See The Best Universal Phone Chargers)
- Feed the need. A snacks basket with bottled water and some munchies will ward off late-night hunger or prowling around in your kitchen and pantry. Some sweet, salty, crunchy, and chewy options should work nicely.
- Be temperature sensitive. Not everyone has the same internal thermostat when it comes to comfort. An available space heater and fan let your guests control the room’s temperature to ensure a good night’s sleep.
Custom design meets your lifestyleCustom cabinetry from Tailored Living is the best way to optimize space for any room in your home, including the multi-purpose home office guest room. Designing storage solutions for exacting dimensions and functionality ensures that all needs will be addressed in the most beautiful way possible. You never have to sacrifice the comfort of one use to the functionality of the other.
If you’d like to make your home office guest room more efficient, call 866-641-8958 (US) or 866-973-8221 (CAN) to schedule a free, in-home consultation or go online to www.tailoredliving.com to find a designer near you. We can help you design a custom home office that will enable you to work more efficiently as well as integrate comfort and convenience for when it becomes a guest room. As whole home organization specialists, we can also provide innovative storage solutions for other areas of your home, turning clutter into calm, including custom closet storage systems, pantry and laundry room design, entryway organization, garage storage cabinets and custom garage flooring.