Closet clutter can result from many things and accessories top the list. Like shoes, purses, hats, belts, scarves … all those “not real clothes” that are crucial to any well-dressed individual’s wardrobe. If your closet is looking jumbled, no doubt accessories are a big part of the problem.
- Do you stumble over shoes to get to your hanging clothes?
- Can you find that favorite hat or scarf when you need it?
- Did the dog turn your Jimmy Choos into doggie chews?
- Are you overwhelmed at the thought of organizing your closet?
Well, don’t despair, help is close by! Your local Tailored Living® designer can get you on the road to organized living by calming the chaos that is your closet, starting with your accessories. Without sufficient storage, all those shoes, hats, purses, belts, scarves, jewelry and sunglasses tend to pile up. A custom closet storage system will eliminate the clutter and there will be no more incentive for the dog to shop your closet when he’s bored. And you won’t be replacing ruined or lost items on a regular basis.
Custom Shoe Storage That Works
Shoes are a key feature of any wardrobe and come in all styles from flat sandals and flip flops to tall boots, platforms, high-top sneakers and everything in between. Each type of shoe has different space requirements and the shoes you own will dictate the storage you need. There are lots of options for shoe storage, including stationery shoe racks, slanted shoe racks with rails, adjustable shelves with dividers, pull-out wire shoe racks, revolving shoe tree, or an island with built-in shoe cubbies.
A custom closet storage system will incorporate sufficient space to safely store your shoes as part of the overall design to organize everything in your closet. Especially if you have an impressive shoe collection, shoes cannot be just an afterthought. Custom shoe racks with integrated LED lighting create an attractive display and you’ll never have to puzzle over whether the shoe is black or navy in a dim closet.
Keep All Your Accessories Organized
Accessories are an integral part of your wardrobe and they deserve the same respect as clothing when it comes to efficient storage.
- Hats need to be stored so they don’t get squashed or stepped on.
- Jewelry needs protection from tarnishing, tangling and scratches.
- Belts and ties should be rolled or hung to eliminate creases.
- Scarves and shawls should to be wrinkle-free and ready to wear.
- Purses can become damaged if piled in a corner.
This custom closet is a beautiful example of many storage options working together to accommodate clothes and accessories so that everything has a place. Additionally, all your items are protected in the best way possible and easy to find when it’s time to get dressed.
- Tiered rods maximize hanging space, organizing by short and long garments
- Floor-to-ceiling cabinets capture all vertical space for effective storage
- Enclosed cabinets can have glass-inset doors so you can see what’s inside
- Drawers for small or specialty items, like jewelry, can be added to cabinets or a storage island
- Open shelves keep folded items neatly stacked and highly visible
- Use custom racks for ties, belts, scarves and pants
- Decorative hooks can turn small spaces into big storage
Drawers can be customized with dividers to hold lingerie, rolled ties or belts and folded scarves. Velvet-lined jewelry drawers hold precious jewelry, watches and sunglasses. Individual compartments protect pearls from getting scratched by metal items, gemstones won’t get chipped, and silver and gold jewelry resists tarnish. Bracelets, rings, earrings and necklaces can be separated to prevent tangled chains.
The Ultimate Closet
You can see how planning for your accessories can help determine the overall design of your closet. Hanging space for clothes is only part of the picture, and shelves, drawers, hooks, valet rods, pull-out bins, shoe racks, and more, are what make your closet unique. Add decorative lighting, a full-length mirror, even a pull-out ironing board and you can have the ultimate closet of your dreams.
So don’t get overwhelmed by the magnitude of “all the stuff” in your closet. Your Tailored Living designer can take you step by step through the design process and create the perfect space for every part of your wardrobe. With our variety of styles and finishes, including laminates, wood stains and glazes in a range of colors from white to dark mahogany, your closet can reflect your existing décor or be a rebel of style. Call 866-641-8958 (US) or 866-973-8221 (CAN) today to schedule a free, in-home consultation or go online to www.tailoredliving.com to find a designer near you.
As whole home organization specialists, Tailored Living designers can help with garage storage cabinets, home office design, pantry and laundry room organization, media and entertainment centers and more. Our goal is to help you live more stress-free through the beauty of organization, and to always be completely accessorized for every occasion.