Super Bowl LIII is almost here! And unless you can come up with the scandalous price of a ticket ($6,800 as of January 10 and rising, according to aol.com), you’ll probably be watching the game at home. And why not? What’s better than cheering your team to victory, surrounded by good friends and enough food to put everyone into a coma?
This year’s Super Bowl will be hosted in Atlanta, Georgia, at the Mercedes-Benz Stadium, but you can catch all the action right in your own garage. No travel in inclement weather, no standing in long lines, no over-priced food to keep you warm in the stands. In the comfort of home, you’ll enjoy the game, world-class halftime entertainment featuring Maroon 5, and those $5 million, 30-second Super Bowl commercials. And don’t forget the food—a full menu with everything your little heart could desire!
Game day in the Garage
If you can’t imagine having a party in your garage, Tailored Living® can help make your garage game-day ready by clearing away the clutter and freeing up space to host the perfect Super Bowl Party. A combination of custom garage storage, wall hanging systems and accessories, and a PremierOne® epoxy floor coating or PremierTrax interlocking tiles garage floor, your space will become amazing.
- Custom garage storage cabinets with adjustable shelves capture unused vertical space for storage
- Cabinets are designed to fit around appliances or water heaters and incorporate work countertops, drawers and shelves
- Slatwall hanging systems create storage above countertops or on any available wall space with specialty hooks for tools and sports equipment
- Messy household storage like holiday decorations, bulk paper products, pet food, and more, disappear behind closed doors for an orderly garage
- PremierOne® epoxy floor coatings come in five different styles, Decorative Texture, Stone, Elements, Stratus and Solids to accommodate any taste
- PremierTrax creates a durable floor of interlocking tiles that installs in one day
- Tiles come in 18 colors, giving unlimited options for design creativity
- Both floors are guaranteed not to chip, crack or peel
- Moisture and stain resistant, floors are easy care and allergen-free
Tips for planning a successful Super Bowl Party
Now that your garage is ready for the big day, you need to put some planning into Super Bowl Sunday. The pre-game shows and analyses and post-game wrap-ups will add hours of enjoyment to the Super Bowl experience and your guests will need care and feeding while at your party. Here are some tips to make the day go smoother so that all you have to worry about is how your team does on the field.
- Don’t invite more people than your house can hold.
- Have enough seating for everyone and a big screen TV or multiple screens for easy viewing.
- Remove any breakables from the room in case of over-exuberance. You don’t want to lose a precious trophy to a rambunctious armchair quarterback.
- Decorate with your team’s colors using banners, pillows and inflatable footballs. If you feel especially brave, have face paint in the teams’ colors so your guests can express themselves.
- Set up coolers of ice for beer, sodas and water, plus a drinks station with ice and cups for lemonade, tea, wine and spirits.
- Use disposable and unbreakable trays, cups and dishes (don’t put your good stuff at risk) and invest in lots of napkins.
The food doesn’t have to be fancy, but it should be plentiful. As soon as people start arriving, you’ll need drinks and appetizers. Serve up a variety of delicious and nutritious appetizers, main dishes and sweet desserts. Consider that not everyone is a meat eater and have some vegan or vegetarian choices on the table. An all-appetizers party is not unusual; just make sure there’s enough to keep the platters full for the duration of the party. Whether your guests graze all day or fill a plate and sit, you’ll want everyone well-fed.
Here are some classic Super Bowl party favorites with links to recipes.
- Meatball Sliders
- Deviled eggs
- Loaded potato skins
- Pigs in spicy blankets
- Super Nachos, Seven-layer Taco Dip
- Beer-battered onion rings, Mozzarella Sticks and Jalapeno poppers
- Crispy wings with dipping sauces of all kinds, sweet, spicy and tangy
- Chips of all kinds with guacamole, onion dip, hummus and hot dips like Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Fruit and veggie trays
- Bowls of nuts, candies, popcorn and Chex Mixes
- Baked Macaroni and Cheese
- Chili–Texas Beef or Turkey Chili
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork BBQ
- Vegetable Quesadillas with Fresh Salsa
- Pizza, meat-lovers and vegetarian fare
- Knock-You-Naked Brownies
- Marshmallow Crispy Treats
- Apple Caramel Cheesecake Bars
- Chocolate chip, peanut butter and oatmeal cookies
- Ice cream sundae bar with all the toppings
By planning ahead, you can host the Super Bowl party to end all parties right in your garage. With a custom garage storage system, your garage will always be ready for entertaining guests, hanging with the kids or time to yourself. Tailored Living’s whole home organization specialists can help get your entire home company-ready by organizing closets, home offices, entryways, laundry rooms, craft/hobby areas and more. Everyday living and entertaining will be more stress-free with custom organization solutions to eliminate clutter and bring calm out of chaos. Call 866-641-8958 (US) or 866-973-8221 (CAN) today to schedule a free, in-home consultation or go online to www.tailoredliving.com to find a designer near you.