Memorial Day celebrations take many forms, including neighborhood and community parades, carnivals, festivals, barbecues and block parties that bring families and neighbors together. As a day off work, the beginning of summer and a long weekend, it’s ideal for carving out time for special activities that honor the day and celebrate the precious freedoms that we enjoy with those we love.
Expand functional living space to the garage
If you’re planning to host a Memorial Day party or outside barbeque, could you use some additional entertaining space? Family get-togethers or neighborhood potlucks can sometimes put the squeeze on comfort. Especially if adults, teens, and young kids are all looking for separate space to enjoy their own brand of relaxing, socializing and playing games.
If you don’t have a patio, pool or other outside area suitable for larger groups, one way to expand your entertainment space is by utilizing the garage. If your response is, “No way, you haven’t seen my messy garage!” then maybe it’s time you called on Tailored Living® for a garage transformation that will change your life. We have helped thousands of families capture valuable living space in their garages with storage and organization solutions customized to the way they live. If you can’t envision your garage as useful living space, consider these popular garage uses we’ve helped our customers acquire apart from parking the car and traditional storage:
- Man Cave or media/entertainment area
- Game tables like billiards, air hockey, poker or foosball
- Workbench for home improvement tasks, auto maintenance or gardening
- Sports equipment storage for bikes, skateboards, skis, baseball, hockey, etc.
- Home Gym or yoga/Pilates workout area
- Hobby and gift wrap center
In the garage below, it’s easy to see how those activities could fit right in, including setting up tables, chairs and refreshments for a party. If you don’t have a backyard patio for food, drinks, and outdoor seating, an organized garage can help the party flow from indoors to garage and out to the driveway and front yard, providing ample space for multiple activities at the same time. Use your new-found space any way you choose.
- Put tables in the garage with colorful tablecloths and dinnerware for a party atmosphere
- Set up the game tables for board games, card games, ping pong or pool
- Find all of the darts so that you can use the dart boards, and find the chalk so you can keep score on the chalkboard
- Stock up on drinks in coolers and sweet and savory snacks to keep everyone happy
- Turn the garage over to the kids with games, movies and eats
- Make the driveway a patio for a day with tables, umbrellas and lounge chairs
The ultimate organized garage
If your garage maximizes space for everyday living, meaning a place for everything and everything in its place, your garage can quickly become entertainment space when needed. Garage storage cabinets are the best way to control clutter by storing everything in your garage up off the floor and behind closed doors. They create a clean, uniform look to make your garage as stylish as the rest of your home.
- Custom cabinets can be built around doorways, windows, water heaters, laundry appliances, electrical panels and under sloped ceilings.
- We have cabinet styles and colors to suit every taste and every budget, including traditional wood in six laminate finishes, powder-coated wood cabinet doors in Tech Red and Slate, Thermofoil cabinet doors with raised panel details in High Gloss Black, Red, or Carbon Fiber, and PremierGarage Metal Cabinets.
- Floor-to-ceiling cabinets capture unused vertical space and create an incredible amount of storage, with adjustable shelves inside that let you customize to exactly what you need to store.
A garage floor for all reasons
No ultimate garage is complete without a custom garage floor that beautifies and protects. Unfinished concrete is hardly appropriate for quality living space and it’s impossible to keep clean. Tailored Living’s custom garage floor styles can transform your garage floor into low-maintenance, safe and functional space for family activities, including hosting get-togethers in the garage. Choose from:
- PremierOne® epoxy floor coatings provide an industrial-strength hybrid polymer finish in a wide range of colors and styles, including Solids, Decorative Chip, Stone, Elements and Stratus. Each is unique in design, but alike in the ability to withstand high traffic and heavy use without damage.
- PremierTrax flexible, interlocking tiles create a resilient floor in 18 color options that can match your garage storage cabinets, your car’s color, your favorite sports team logo, or create your own design. With no curing time required, PremierTrax can usually install in one day so your garage is back in service quickly.
Don’t let lack of space put a damper on your party plans. Call 866-641-8958 (US) or 866-973-8221 (CAN) today to schedule a free, in-home consultation or go online to www.tailoredliving.com to find a designer near you. We can help you discover functional living space you never knew you had, right in your own garage! Take a look through our online Design Solutions Guide and get even more inspiration for organizing your garage. As whole home organization and storage solution specialists, we can also help turn chaos into calm with closets, home offices, entryways, pantries and more.