Holidays, anniversaries and birthdays are gentle reminders of important events that most of us would probably forget. They cause us to pause and say thanks to people we love and celebrate the blessings that we enjoy. Honoring parents on Mother’s Day (May 8) and Father’s Day (June 19) with gifts and particular attention are two such occasions. Spoiling your parents on a few days of the year really shows how much you appreciate them but sometimes finding a gift can be difficult, the gift-giving possibilities are endless. For mums, it’s a little easier but dads only ever seem to ask for socks. This list is available if you’re wanting to give your dad something a little more useful than a pair of socks. These special days give us permission to be unabashedly sentimental, like this quote by an unknown author, about those who raised us and made sure we arrived safely at adulthood: “A mother holds her child’s hand for a little while, but holds their heart forever.”
And then there’s the flip side, celebrating parents and parenthood with humor:
- “When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.” –Mark Twain
- “If your kids are giving you a headache, follow the directions on the aspirin bottle, especially the part that says, ‘Keep away from children.’”–Susan Savannah
- “Sometimes when I open my mouth, my mother comes out.” –Anonymous
- “I child-proofed my house, but they still get in.” –Anonymous
However you express your love and thanks to your parents–flowers, Afternoon Tea, NASCAR or Disneyland–how about adding the wonderful gift of time, organization and convenience with home and garage organization ideas from Tailored Living®?
The gift that keeps on giving
Home organization and storage solutions truly are the gifts that keep on giving. Every day, your gift will be remembered as mom and dad reap the benefits of your thoughtfulness that’s made home a lot more comfortable, fun or functional!
- A dream custom closet with personalized accessories like a velvet-lined jewelry drawer
- A garage Man Cave for coveted “me time” to kick back and relax
- Custom pantry or laundry room design to make daily chores quicker and easier
- A new garage floor to display and protect classic cars or motorcycles
- Personal space for reading, crafts or lazy afternoon naps
- Fully functional and ergonomic home office
- A work bench or workout area in the garage
- Slatwall panels or Gridwall wall racks to organize sports equipment or tools
So don’t stress out and lose sleep over trying to find the perfect gift to express your feelings on Mother’s Day or Father’s Day. All you need is a Tailored Living gift certificate to create any number of perfectly suited gifts. And since they get to do the choosing themselves, it will always be the right size and right color—our custom design, expert measuring and professional installation services guarantee it!
All you have to do is contact the Tailored Living franchise in the ZIP code where your parent lives. Buy the gift certificate from that local business since each location services its surrounding areas. You’ll receive a stylized gift packet that includes a custom envelope with a mini-brochure of design ideas and a personalized gift card that you present.
Your mom or dad will work directly with their local Tailored Living designer for the home organization solution that they desire. They’ll get a free, in-home consultation, complete with samples of styles, colors and finishes to make designing their space effortless and fun. Our 3D D’Vinci design software lets them see their design exactly how it will look in their home, so there’s no surprises.
Gift certificates for year-round giving
While Mother’s Day and Father’s Day are ideal for a Tailored Living gift certificate, a gift certificate can make any occasion a special event.
- A housewarming gift for a new homeowner
- An awesome anniversary gift
- A guaranteed get-you-out-of-the-dog-house “I’m sorry”
- Tween-to-teen new closet of their own design to mark that milestone
Make this year the very best Mother’s Day or Father’s Day ever by honoring your parents with the gift of organization and convenience. Call 866-641-8958 (US) or 866-973-8221 (CAN) today or go online to www.tailoredliving.com to find a designer near you, or do a ZIP code search if your parent is not local and you want to purchase a gift certificate.
Scroll through our new online Design Solutions Guide for inspiration throughout the house. You may decide that you want to treat yourself this Mother’s Day and schedule a free, in-home consultation for you. Check out our design process and see how our commitment to quality, value and customer services makes Tailored Living the very best choice for all your home storage and organization needs, including custom closets, garage storage and custom flooring, home office design, laundry rooms and more.